FINALLY it is fall! My favorite season has arrived. Autumn also happens to be my boyfriend Josh’s favorite season, and this year we have decided that under NO circumstances is this beautiful season allowed to pass by without us making the most of it. We both know that if we carry on as usual we will spend the whole season in lab, so together we are making a Fall Bucket List similar to one I found on Pinterest. Here is what we have come up with so far:
Autumn 2012 Bucket List
1. Go on a nature walk (with a camera of course).
2. Go camping with a small group of friends.
3. Make fall themed desserts at least twice.
4. Go on a creative date.
5. Have a cheesy couple photo shoot in a leaf pile.
6. Do at least one of these: go to a pumpkin patch, corn maze, haunted house or on a hay ride.
7. Spend a weekend afternoon doing some fall crafting. Josh loves to draw and I love anything that involves paint, glue, and pretty photos. I think we will have some fun with this one!
8. Buy a pumpkin and decorate it (not necessarily by carving it).
9. Watch a scary movie together around Halloween.
10. Go to Arkansas and celebrate Thanksgiving with Josh’s family!!
Have any other ideas for us?! Along with all of the bucket list fun, I am looking forward to all of the amazing fall recipes I get to explore this season. I love creamy dishes in the fall. In hopes of finding a healthy way to make some of my favorites this year I came across one on chefchloe.com. I love Chloe Coscarelli and her recipes. This week I am sharing her recipe for Avocado Pesto Pasta. I know avocados are more of a summer food, but this is still a warm, creamy pasta dish that is perfect for fall. Happy cooking! I hope you have a fantastic fall weekend!!
Avocado Pesto Pasta from chefchloe.com (Serves 4-6)
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 bunch fresh basil, reserve some leaves for garnish
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 2 avocados, pitted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes or sliced sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add linguine and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, make the pesto by combining basil, pine nuts, avocados, lemon juice, garlic, and oil in a food processor. Process until smooth. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Toss pasta with pesto. For an extra touch of color and flavor, top pasta with cherry or sun-dried tomatoes. Divide pasta among serving bowls and garnish each serving with a basil leaf.